Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall is in the air!

I never realized how much I LOVED fall until this year! Maybe it's the extended time of fall, the time to enjoy the colors, and savor the smells of it! Maybe being in the country helps too! I don't know, but fall is definitely grow in popularity in  my book!



We have started solid foods here in the Pistorius household. So far Jacob has tried cereal, which he liked as long as there's applesauce in it, sweet potatoes, bananas, peaches, plums, and peas, which he'll only eat if I mix applesauce in it. I guess that means he likes applesauce, too, but he's never had it by itself. So far, I'm not so impressed with store bought canned baby food, I want to make my own baby food. Anyone have any suggestions about or experience with that?
SUPER BABY! Check out my bib/cape!
 Every year, our ward has a "Harvest Party" that takes place of a trunk-or-treat or any other "evil" Halloween parties. Anyways, it's usually a chili cook off, and they had pumpkins to decorate, and people brought some of the produce they grew to share with others. They also had a pie eating contest. The elders had signed up to do it (they took our sisters out and gave us elders a few months back, not yet impressed) and they backed out at the last minute, and Ben got do do it! I had to feed him and we took second place! Crazy part: Ben continued to eat his chili after having eaten an entire cream pie.


Some of our friends  invited us to go to this farm. We had a lot of fun! I loved it! They had this awesome barn!  and a HUGE pick your own pumpkin patch, and a corn maze, and chickens! Everything a farm should have. Jacob enjoyed riding around on Daddy's shoulders.We bought pumpkins, and came home and carved them! It was a lot of fun!




1 comment:

Anita said...

It sounds like your fall has been fun so far! And Jacob is so cute!

I have never actually taken the time to make my own baby foods, but here are a couple of sites you might try.
http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/